Monday, October 19, 2009

Handhorse Training

Yesterday I just took it easy with Milva. It was sunny but cold. I know we will spend alot of time in the ridinghouse over the winter so I thought I better stay outside with her as long as the weather is so nice.
Anita joined us down in the harvest field. I let Milva graze while Anita did some stretching with Orkan. It was a Yoga-Sunday for Orkan.
Anita took Milva with her for a little tour as a handhorse. Milva seemed to really enjoy it. She did try to eat sometimes - of course. Anyway they walked around a little bit in walk and in trott. I was pretty impressed by the trotting. Once Orkan got Milva´s leadrope behind is bum but fortunatelly he did not care. He shows alot of patience with Milva. Orkan is much bigger than Milva and has bigger steps than she does. When Orkan was trotting Milva started to canter - a lovely uphill canter. I hope she keeps that form when I´m sitting on her as well. I have noticed that uphill canter now several times :).
I´m off to the stable soon to prepare her for Anna´s session. My plan is to show Anna how I mount her - asking for permission, and do some trotting work with her before that.

No comments:

Post a Comment