Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 5 With Anna

Anna helped me with Milva yesterday and the session went very well.
*so proud of my little girl*
First Anna checked if Milva still remembered the direct rein and she did.
After that she was hanging on her while Milva was walking. She klicked with the tongue to make Milva walk and used the ssss sound to make her stop. Anna was doing that for about 10min and stearing her with the reins while hanging from one side.
Milva was very calm and didn´t do anything punk girl like.
After the hanging Anna put her other leg over Milva and sat on her. I didn´t even hold Milva all that stuff Anna was doing by herself. All the groundwork I did with Milva before is definitely paying off. Anna said she has never met a younghorse like Milva before who is so relaxed and wellmannered and so easy to deal with. I´m not so sure about the wellmannered thing sometimes but otherwise I have to agree!
I told Anna that I have been sitting on Milva alots of times before and that she knows she is not allowed to move when I get on her also that I was hanging on her alots of times so all that stuff she knew from before.
Well and the last 5min of the session Anna was RIDING Milva :)))) - all by herself! She was stearing with the reins and going all over the ridinghouse. Milva looked funny - like all young horses who walk with a rider the first time. Trying to find her balance and wondering what´s going on.
In the end Anna wanted to see how I put her in trott so I showed her. As soon as I took Milva over she was in tune with me - ears forwards and asking questions. I yoyoed her back with the slightest face 1 I have ever used pointed very softly to the left and off she walked pointed very softly again - not even face 1 and off she went in trott, change of direction online and trott on the hand. It was amazing how much she reacted!
What a big difference it makes when the horse is in a learning state of mind!!! Everything is so easy suddenly!
I have to say it was an eyeopener. Of course I have heart it before but I guess it didn´t really sink in until yesterday.
Awesome I have to say!

2 comments:

  1. That's so fantastic!!!!!! :) I'm so happy for you!
    Looks like Milva's gonna be an easy horse to start!
    You know, the western trainer who started Star when she was 3 said she was the easiest horse he's ever had to start...These 2 are so much alike. Punk girls on the outside but soft inside!
    Have a great day!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally agree! and jo´s horse bella seems to be the same as ours :)

    ReplyDelete