Monday, November 15, 2010

Vilda Milva - aka The Wilde Side Of Milveroni


As much as I want to I´m not even close to videotape my online level 3 audition. Netherless we had a hilarious playsession, my pony and me. Not quite sure who had more fun.
The circling game is definitely our weak point, no surprise with a lbi.
I started with asking her to walk on the 45 foot line which was going fine, I got my 4 circles asked her in, yoyo-ed her back and changed direction.
Because it was going so fine I got this crazy idea to ask for a trott. First suspicious look - you really want me to trott? What about if I offer you a faster walk? That´s fine, I take it. Change of direction and trott again and there it started. Trott on the right lead - you gotta be kidding. I could see her in the mirror doing a 180 degrees turn on her hindlegs and taking off in galopp, all 4 legs up in the air and bucking. There is a good reason why I get a western saddle I can tell ya.
Not enough with that, just to test me even more she stopped right in front of me - still out on the circle though, facing me with ear forwards, putting on her dragon face and blowing out fire.
Hmmm how intressting I thought, lets make a game out of it...
I asked her in, scratched her, yoyed her back, asked her to trott and asked her to change direction before she even thought about it and change of direction again and again and again.
She really enjoyed herself and got very exuperant. It was hilarious and I just couldn´t help it but had to laugh all the session through. Once more I wish someone could have videotaped it.
When she finally relaxed and asked questions again I stopped.
I know that she is way smarter than I am and she has me all figured out. On some days she is more horse than I can handle but I wouldn´t change her for anything in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun session. Something about the change of direction really gets my LBI exuberant also. He LOVES the falling leaf pattern. If his energy is ever lacking on a circle all I have to do is throw in a change of direction and he picks right up. Fun Times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vilken fin bild på henne!!!!
    Jag fick skratta jättemycket som vanligt, hon är så rolig :-))) Tänk om man hade Milva och Aprill som sina två hästar, vilket team ;-)), snacka om att vara smart!!!

    ReplyDelete