Monday, November 8, 2010

Busy Sunday



Where does the time go?? It´s already Monday.
I helped Patricia with the 7 games yesterday and explained to her how the audition works. I didn´t realize how much I missed to have another Parelli person to talk to. I was really spoiled when I lived in Canada and was surrounded by like minded people.
We took both horses into the ridinghouse. I put up some obstacles to play with - a plastic tarp to go over, a cavaletti, a blue barrel, a black tube for the sideways game, cones for figure 8 and weave pattern. I turned Milva loose and started to play at liberty - weave patterns, figure 8 - yeah!, stick to me at walk and trott, sideways away from me with the black tube, sidways towards me, squeeze game over the cavalleti and back up from z5. Milva did really good and wasn´t to distracted by Tinker.
I also demonstrated the yoyo game and figure 8s online to Patricia. And wow, we actually did come a long way since I started with Parelli.
To clearify the 4 phases for the yoyo game we played with simulations. I never had anyone before to do simulations with but oh boy, does it really help! It´s much easier to understand when doing it with each other instead of with a horse.
After our playsession we fixed the stable and fed the horses. But don´t think my day was done by then. Shawn decided he wanted to ride again so Anita was so kind to lend him Orkan. After dropping off Patricia we had a bite to eat and went back to the stable. Shawn rode Orkan for in walk - just to get the feeling again and to find his balance point. Orkan was on his best behaviour and very uncomplicated. Nice to have so well behaved horses in the stable - for most of the time anyway ;).
Picture of gorgeous Tinker and Patricia and Tinker and Milva in the ridinghouse

3 comments:

  1. Åh, vad ni har kul! Vad roligt att Shawn ville rida, hälsa honom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gör jag, han undrar hur det hade gått på hundkursen. förresten så är jag verkligen tacksam om kattmat tipset. ska köpa det nästa vecka - dem hade det hemma för katterna :). det var väl ekologiskt också eller hur?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ja Orkis är ofta eller i alla fall någon gång då och då väluppfostrad. Kul att Shawn tyckte det var kul. Ni får låna Orkam så ofta ni vill.
    Fast i dag bockade O rejält på träningen, tokpelle.

    ReplyDelete