Sunday, November 14, 2010

My New Saddle - Natural Performer



After a long time of soulsearching and thinking about what I actually wanna achieve with my horse and after a nice talk with my favourite Parelli instructor - thanks Petra, I finally decided to order the Natural Performer saddle.
It´s kind of funny. I have never ridden in a western saddle before and I have no clue how to cinch up the girth but I´m sure it´s all going to work out.
Anita already offered me Orkan to try the saddle on him before riding Milva. Which is really nice of her and it´s going to be much easier for me to find my balance point on Orkan and to get used to the saddle.
So now it´s offical - Marion the former dressage rider is going to be a cowgirl ;). How intressting...
Tomorrow I´m going to meassure Milva and email all the requiered paperwork.
I´ve settled for the dark brown colour which I think is going to make a nice contrast to Milva´s future white coat.
I´m working on my december book list order. If any of you has any suggestions, please let me know. I´m almost through Parelli´s reading list. And talking about reading lists. Shawn said this morning that every organisation like Parelli has a reading list. I asked him what he means by organisation and he said, well an organisation which promotes intelligence. Intressting thought...

8 comments:

  1. det låter spännande! Hoppas du blir nöjd! Hur länge tar det innan den kommer? kram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grattis till ditt beslut! Jag tror att Milva kommer att bli mycket stilig i den mörka sadeln. Tänk att du har en vit häst så småningom. Sagohäst :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sagohæsten i fråga var rætt så skitigt nær jag kom till stallet i morse - hon såg ut som en panerat schnitzel.
    nu har jag varit sadelløs rætt så længe men jag kunde verkligen inte bestæmma mig vad jag vill ha.
    vet inte hur længe det tar tills jag få den, optimist som jag ær tror jag det kommer ta max. 2 veckor ;) eller tænks så går det kanske ænnu snabbare...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inte var Milva panerad schnitzel utan det var bara en söndags SPA behandling som vi andra betalar dyrt för.
    Jag tror du gjort ett bra sadel val till er.
    Krisar det med dressyr längtan får du låna min dressyrsadel, med tillhörande häst.
    Orkan ser fram mot mysiga turer med svärmor. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww tack svärmor Anita, ni är bara för goda du och din pålle :))).
    Spa behandling ;), ju så kan man ju också se på saken. min lilla diva prinsessan behövde väl det.
    och förresten, tack för ni orkade lyssna på mina sadelfunderingar hela tiden ;)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I can be of help! Thank you so much for thinking of me.. I'm sure you will love the Natural Performer. I cried when I had to sell my first one for financial reasons and I'm so glad I now got another one :-)

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank YOU for all your help Petra! I hope I didn´t wake you up yesterday. It was sure nice talking to you and I loved your bavarian accent...lol, sounded very much like austrian.
    Talk to you soon again!

    ReplyDelete