Sunday, November 20, 2011

Weekend

It´s my workweekend this week so my stable time is limited.
I rode Orkan on friday and played with backing up and sideways and walk trot transitions.
Backing up was going super well, after a few tries he backed up 3 steps with only moving my legs - long rein.
Sideways will take more time though. It didn´t work from the sadle so I played with him on the ground instead, moving for- and hindquarters which will lead to sideways eventually. He is such a smart boy and he licked and chewed alot and blow out lots of air - too funny. A few times he tried to have some discussions with me. Which is good - it´s a two way communication right. I totally agreed with him and did what he suggested and then formed what he offered to what I wanted to do to begin with. The faces he made were priceless!
Left brain extroverts are fun! Trot walk transitions were very smooth and on a long rein.
I´m not sure about the NP though.I still have a hard time to find it comfortable and still don´t know how to sit right. But I will take of that next week and watch some Parelli dvds.
Liberty with Milva pony who is pretty jelous when I take Orkan out. The last time she went to the gate and started to call after us and continued to do so until we came back - heartbreaking, my little drama princess ;).

1 comment:

  1. Stackars Milva när du umgås med hennes pojkvän i stället för henne. Tur jag mutar henne med jämna mellanrum.

    ReplyDelete