Thursday, February 17, 2011

UDT

Thursday = undemanding time day, sitting with Milva in the hay and reading the new Savvy magazine.
I received a phone call from the stable owner early in the moring which put me immediately in a right brain introvert stage. If anyone calls before 9 am it must be bad news, thats what I thought anyway. But it wasn´t, she just wanted to know Milva´s bloodline. Which lead to an interesting discussion with Shawn over breakfast.
Isn´t it awful how we try to dictate a horse´s future based on his or her parents´ past or what we want. If the sire is a Grand Prix dressage horse, it´s the son´s or daughter´s only destiny to become the spitting image of their parents?
What about the horses interest?
My main goal and concern is to provide a natural, happy and fun life for Milva and future off springs of her.
Yeah, I have to admit there was a time where I thought bloodlines are one of the most important things when buying a horse. Lesson learned. Milva could be a cross between a donkey and a dragon and she still would be the most extra ordinary living thing walking on this planet for me.
Hm, still want to know why the stable owner wanted to know her bloodline - again.

1 comment: