Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Storm, Storm Go Away!

It has been windy here since Sunday, therefor no riding for me. I don´t want to risk anything now in the beginning. Especially because things are going really well right now.
Saturday we took a 40min walk - down the dirt road and around the pastures. Milva was calm and collected all the way. She had her head down and didn´t spook once. I have never seen her that calm before - it looked very rideable to me :)). I´m sure Tinker´s company had something to do with it as well. Patricia road on Tinker and Tinker looked calm as well. Then we played in the ridinghouse for 20min online - canter transitions and 10min at liberty. Milva reared up twice. The first time because she thought I was unfair and she had to express her feelings somehow. I asked her to yoyo back but she offered the compliment. I told her thank you but now please go back and whoop there she was high up in the air. The second time I´m not quite sure were it came from. We just stood there and watched Patricia and Tinker doing figure 8´s suddenly Milva reared up and when she came down she just stood like before with her head down like nothing ever happened. Hmmm???? When she rears I mean she rears! It´s high up in the air not just a little.
On Sunday we played 20 online and yesterday we played 30min. My main focus is on canter transitions. She starts nicely to canter now - without bucking (mostly) and with only a phase 1 but she doesn´t keep it up and always comes in behind my back. But she did that in the beginning with the trott as well and now she can trott nicely a view rounds without breaking the gate. It all will come, it just takes some time.
For today I had planned riding but as I said, it´s pretty stormy here so I think what I will do is playing with her online with the saddle on.

No comments:

Post a Comment