Tuesday, February 1, 2011

7th Ride



Milva was calm and relaxed when I rode her today, like the last time. She stood still when I mounted her and waited for 5 seconds (yes, I did count) but then she started to walk off. I could feel that she wanted to move so the same second she started to walk I asked her to walk off, phew good timing. BUT I really would love if she could wait longer for me. I know it will come with the time I just have to teach her. When she walked off today it felt like she was thinking: watch out, I´m coming through - coming through because she walked right between Shawn and Helene, very nonchalant, and then she put a face on like I got a job to do I don´t have time to stand here and talk to you guys. And she kept that serious face expression for all the 10 minutes I rode her. Hmmm, wait maybe she wants to work??
I did follow the rail on both hands, with lots of corrections because she wanted to go to see Shawn and Helene. It was also the first time today that I rode all the time by myself - without having Helene as leadhorse.
I noticed on the pictures that I have to work on my seat though, the NP is different compare to my dressage saddles after all and I just don´t have the right feel for it yet. I still love it though and I´m sure glad I bought it. I honestly think it´s the best saddle I have bought so far. But it´s different and it takes some time to get used to it.
30min online - longreining as a warm up
10min freestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment