Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Touch-It



40min online play - 15min touch-it, 25min online
I started to play with touch it today before entering the ridinghouse. It´s still stormy here which made it more to a challenge. But I thought it´s going to be a good training for Milva. I took her behind the stable where all the big machines and garbage are. She was doing really well. Even though everything was making noises and flying around she didn´t spook once.
A trailhorse in making - I hope.
Inside we met Harry the killercat from yesterday again. Instead of taking him outside I decided it´s better for Milva to get used to him - or other cats.
I played with the weave pattern at liberty for a little while and then took her online. Same there, weave patterns in walk and trott. In walk it´s going very well and she is doing them by herself. Her face expression is not very nice in trott yet though.
Then I played some more with the circling game. I thought to go a step back and see how well we can do the circling game in walk and trott before asking her to canter again. In walk it was perfect. I didn´t had to remember her about her responsibility, we had a nice slack in the rope and she asked questions from time to time without coming in. She gave me good change of directions and some nice walk - stop tranisitions. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment