Sunday, October 18, 2009

Trotting Work

Worked with Milva for half an hour in the ridinghouse. I concentrated on trotting which she really doesn´t like. For a little while it was getting worse - really bad punkgirl attitude. Ears back, coming towards me shaking the head and ears back. I guess she tried to threaten me...lol
Kind of funny. Anyway, we worked it out and by the end I just had to give her a phase 1 send and off she went in trott - not the fastest one but I like it slow more anyway.
It´s 1 a.m here now so I better go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I was just wondering how you were doing with Milva.
    I like the idea of doing the 7 games in order, I tend to mix them up as well, I'll try to do that next time.
    It's funny, Star and Milva seem to be very much alike! Star hates trotting too. When I try to make her trot, she gives me the worth attitude (ears back, bucking, galloping away, etc.), with her it is either very very slow walk or crazy gallop, it's hard to have something in between...
    Fortunately, our Parelli instructor is coming soon so I'll ask questions about that.
    Don't worry about the squeeze game. Sometimes it is hard to explain why a horse suddenly finds something scary. I do a lot of squeeze game everyday between the trees from the field to the barn and Star is never scared but 2 days ago she freaked out and escaped from the trees and i don't know why! I guess these things happen!
    Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete