Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 4 With Anna

I liked Sophie´s comment about Milva having a soft expression. Soft expression means she can´t be too much bothered by Anna working with her and not me, right??
I mean I´m still in the ridinghouse all the time to watch Anna doesn´t hurt her dignity or isn´t doing anything else wrong.
When I think about it - Anna is quiet patience with us. Being this strict dressage rider, working and riding for Jan Brink and now she has little spoilt princess Milva in her hands where she is not allowed to use all those traditional tools she is used to use.
She was reading some articles from the folder I gave her with the Parelli articles in it. But I don´t think she is really understanding what it all means.
Anyway I was more satisfied with the session today. Anna just used the longreins today and walked in zone4. She did alot of smootching with the tongue to make Milva go. I asked her why she would do it and the answer was that she wants Milva to move more forwards.
Didn´t make sense to me and I explained to Anna that´s what the personality of a lbi is all about. If you push them even more they soon don´t want to go at all and probably are making up evil thoughts sooner or later.
I kind of feel silly to tell Anna all those things but after all Parelli principles are more important to me than anything else!
In the second session I had to tell Anna not to clap Milva on the neck for reward instead pet her -like her mother would do. It helped - Anna is now petting her softly, she even brought cookies for Milva´s session today.
Anna said that she was satisfied with Milva´s reaction today and that she starts to understand the connection of the rein. Good!
To get more specific I put 5 cones in between A and C in the ridinghouse and Anna was directing Milva through it in weave patterns. I just don´t know how much the cones helped because Milva knows the weavepatterns by heart and usually walks them by herself. Oh well, they both looked satisfied so I didn´t want to mention it...;)
The next three days I´m going to work with Milva by myself - nice! I know that´s silly. It was me asking Anna for help and paying her it´s just hard to see someone else working with my baby.
Saturday Anna is working with her again. The plan is to put the saddle on, get Milva in trott and maybe hang on her. Saddle she is more than used to and the hanging shouldn´t be a problem either. The trotting might be another story though.
Anna asked me if it is ok to put some pressure on her. Thinking about L&HB course where Linda is putting some pressure on some of the horses to make them trott or not break the gait - I guess it´s ok. I know that you have to use some pressure but it just doesn´t feel good. But if I ever want her to do some trotting I guess there is no other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment