Sunday, October 11, 2009

Research On Bits

www.mylerbitsusa.com
I did some research on bits this morning. Reason for it is a comment Malin made about my bitchoice yesterday. She said that Myler bits were in fashion a few years back but all the professional riders don´t use them any more. She also said that they are very strong bits because they are so thin and some of them are gadget like.
Milva´s breeder Barbara gave me an advice about bits when I bought Milva. She told me to keep in mind that Trakehner´s have a very little mouth and not much space in the


mouth. She also said: "Even a gentle bit can be severe in the wrong rider´s hands."
To make more research I will order Myler´s book about bits. I do think I´m on the right track though.
I do like Sprenger bits with Aurigam in it. That´s the bit i used for Saxon but I think all their bits are pretty thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment