Monday, October 5, 2009

Tired Milva

My baby was incredible tired today. I think it must have been the storm in the last three days.
I was in the ridinghouse for 45min. I put the bit in her before going in and it´s going better and better every day. I´m still trying to convince myself that it is ok to start riding her with a bit...
As soon as I feel comfortable on her I will switch over to the natural hackamore though.
I did some travelling circles in trott. It was going fine on the right hand but on the left hand she was getting kranky and tried to switch direction and had her ears back. After watching her for a while it looked like she was limping a little bit on the left frontleg. When I checked all her four legs closly I couldn´t find anything though. Nothing was swollen and nothing was warm.
It could be the hoof - after the barefeet trimmer. I´m going to check again tomorrow and ask someone else to look at it too. Cause I always think all horses are limping - especially Milva.
We also did some change of direction in trott and figure 8s in trott.
First we had a little discussion though about doing figure 8s in trott but after being consistent it worked. As soon as she did it I stopped her and she was licking and chewing. Good girl!
It must have been a threshold for her to go threw. After all she is not used to trott so much - or not liking it very much and also she had the bit in her mouth.
I was satisfied with todays playsession though.
Trying to long rein her tomorrow to get her used to change direction with using the bit. I borrowed Anita´s long reins. Thinking about ordering Parelli´s ones but first I wanna buy the cradle bridle.
Oh and I booked the flight and hotel for the goldsummit today :)

1 comment:

  1. You must have tired poor Milva totally because she went for a sleep when you have gone home. Orkan and I was out cantering with Sandra on Medea and when Medea come up beside him I just tell him “Show who’s the boss” and he start racing and increase his tempo and Medea went off behind him. Then I can feel that his grandfather is a successful racing horse.
    Orkan loves racing!
    Back home he get his food and then out to his girlfriend and she was much more alert after her powernap. Left them standing eating beside each other.

    ReplyDelete