Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 3 With Anna

I received my cradle bridle today and LOVE it! It is such a nice piece of work. The leather is smooth and very good quality. Before sending it someone must have oiled it cause it is still very oily - nice thought.
Anna worked with Milva again today. Already when she came I could see that she was irritated or annoyed. I assume it has something to do with her constant backpain. Whatsoever I cannot accept any bad mood or irritation when working with my horse!
I have to talk about that with her tomorrow. I will tell her if she has pain or is in a bad mood she can work with her another day.
Her 30min session looked like the other ones. Getting her used to the feel of the bit. First she walked in zone 3 - or kind of. I guess Anna doesn´t know anything about the zones.
I hope Milva doesn´t get to confused about working with Anna *sigh*
But if it doesn´t feel right I guess I shouldn´t do it........
Well anyway, first she put the reins in the bit and walked with her. It was change of direction and stoping.
The other half of the 30min she put the longreins on and walked more behind her - I would say in zone 4 - still not zone 5. She was doing the same thing there - change of direction and stopping.
Milva was as always yawning alot and also licking her lips.
Which means she is processing all the new things she is learning.
I still have a bad conscious about not starting her with a natural hackamore. But as soon as Anna gave her the first couple of rides I will switch over to the hackamore!

No comments:

Post a Comment