Thursday, March 8, 2012

Yeah!

2 laps of canter on the 45` with me standing in neutral and Milva didn´t change gate once. Her face expression looked nice in front of me but I could see in the mirror that she was tossing her head and pinning her ears back behind me. Oh well, we will get to a lovely face expression all way around sooner or later. I´m not too worried about that.
I started our day with a 40 min walk over the snowy fields. Yapp, it snowed again here last night but it already starts melting now in the afternoon.
The farrier was here today as well and checked her hooves. He suggested we wait another two weeks before trimming her. He took up all four hooves though and checked them out. I was very happy with the fact of getting some free farrier training. Our new farrier is pretty young, around 20 and very sweet to Milva. He really takes his time is very calm and lets her sniff him all over. I´m so happy about that.
After the farrier we went to the riding house to work on the canter. My plan was to keep the session very short no matter what. I can feel that all that circling is really boring her out now. Even though I try to keep it interested but hi, circles are still circles.
I started with lots of transitions two circles in both direction and then for a canter and after doing her two laps I quit.
Now I´m gonna watch some old Mastery Manuals to get some inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment