Friday, March 2, 2012

Springwalk


1 hour walk and 45 min online
We had wonderful springweather here today so I decided to stretch my comfort zone and took Milva for a long walk. She was calm and relaxed all the way. We did some longreining with 1 rein and took played some touch-it on the way.
Online we played with a million transitions again, focusing on trot and canter. She gave me some very nice transitions but in the end she got really tired so we quit. It takes a lot to build up balance and strength but we will get there.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you go on walks together! I really never do anything like that- it's hard for me to leave the comfort of my arena if im not deliberately out to trail ride or go to a clinic. It's good inspiration for me though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s out of my comfort zone to Melissa ;). BUT I really wanna go on trailrides with Milva later on and if I don´t expose her to all scarry things now while being on the ground it will be worse when I ride her. According to my blogposts she must seem quite calm and relaxed and easy to handle but in reality she is not. She can turn into alot of horse to handle but there is hope - or so I think.

    ReplyDelete