Saturday, March 3, 2012

Love Spring!


1 hour walk with the munch again. It was pretty uneventful, exactly the way I love it.
This week I finally recharged my batteries and start feeling much better again. I definitely needed those three weeks off. In the future I will make sure for not going such a long time without taking a vacation.
Even though I always say it doesn´t affect me to work in a hospice I think in reality it does. It´s like building a wall around me and trying to convince myself that it´s natural to work with people in their last stage of their life. I do love my work though and I know I can make a big difference in our patients last days. So even though it can be heartbreaking, sad and tremendously unfair sometimes I wouldn´t change my workplace for anything.
On a lighter note we had a yummy culinary week and cooked lots of delicious organic meals.
Pasta carbonara with homemade noodles
Cream of mushroom soup with homemade cheddar biscuits.
Polnish pirogies (not swedish pirogies who are more like a bread) with potato cheddar filling and fried onions and bacon on the top
Corn chowder soup with homemade pepper cheddar bread
Mexican burritos and mexican casserole
Ricotta spinach lasagne with homemade alfredo chicken sauce (you can´t buy ready alfredo sauce here), the lasagne noodles were homemade too
and right now we got Chili cooking on the stove and in a little while I will bake some cornbread (you can´t buy that one here either)
homemade cinnamon buns and buns filled with almonds
homemade coconut cream pie
Food for your soul.

I´m sure glad Shawn started to eat meat again after his 30 day fast in Costa Rica.

2 comments: