Saturday, March 17, 2012

Weekend

Milva and I still walk every day for one hour and the result is very positive. On a ridden horse it would probably take 35min and on Orkan it would take 20min, his not named Orkan for nothing ;).
For Milva and me it takes 65min though. We stop alot and smell things, well she smells, I usually don´t smell things laying on the ground when I´m out walking but she just loves it. Then we investigate alot of things and she often tries if they are eatable or not, most of the time they are not.
She definitely has the touch-it gen in her. If touching it doesn´t give her a reward she usually stomps on it or puts it in her mouth. Sometimes I wonder if I should teach her to retrieve. On a second thought maybe I should get a puppy instead.
Yesterday we played for the first time outside on the sandplace. When I asked her to trot on a circle on the 45´line she would often try to come in behind my back and when I turned around to catch her in the act she would take of bucking and squeeking. It sure is a game ;). A few times she got herself tangled in in the rope, meaning she got it between her beglegs or under the belly. As soon as it happend she would immediately stop and wait for me to rescue her even if she was in her worst outburst. That´s what I call a thinking horse!
I also rode Orkan on the sandplace yesterday and he totally rocked! He remembered everything we did the last time. Today I played online with him and I think he liked me less today because of the sideways game, but we are making progress there as well.

2 comments:

  1. I do think you can have god use of a retriving horse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orkan gillar dig vad du än gör.
    Milva litar på dig och vet att du räddar henne om något händer.

    ReplyDelete