Saturday, September 10, 2011


Yesterday: online in the morning, trailerloading in the evening (thanks to Anita) + 2 hours of grazing
today: online this morning - so far. I´m gonig out there again after I´m finished with laundry. Milva still showed a bit weakness when I ask her to trot on a circle. Left back. I asked Malin to have a look, after all she worked with Equine Rehabilitation before. She said that it looks like her back knees are weak because Milva never had to do any serious work before and doesn´t have the strength so now when I ask her to canter it takes strength and balance of course. She doesn´t show any sign of lameness and is not swollen or warm. It´s just this kind of double step she is doing when I ask her to trot. Not much but still.
I´m gonna work on building up her strength and balance now with lots of transitions and hill therapy and walks.
My first thought was to let her rest again but that won´t build up any strength of course.
I´m still gonna take it very easy and be smart and savvy about it. I don´t wanna overdo it nor do too little so it won´t show any improvement. Lots too think about all the time....

2 comments:

  1. You will do great! I love all your pictures! Do you take the pictures with your phone?? Since you always have so many??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i do, with the iPhone. Answering from it right now, let's see if that works :)

    ReplyDelete