Friday, September 16, 2011

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. - Ralph Waldo Emmerson


We went to the stable early this morning to feed them breakfast and then we went out for breakfast ourselves. I love having breakfast out.
We had a beautiful indian summer day here today. I´m so greatful I didn´t have to work today! I spent all afternoon in the stable (5 hours) horseying around.
We started with grazing up the dirtroad for an hour and then we went to the big sandpaddock. Casually we played through all the audition tasks and of course everything was going smooth like butter. I concentrated on my ropehandling and using a longer rope.
I also figured out why it is so complicated to back Milva up from z5 on the rope - because - of course, pretty obvious, she is yielding from the rope -dahhhh. I tried to put the rope on the ground today and then backed her up from z 5 with just my hands moving and tataaa it worked - of course. Sometimes I´m really a dumbass.
Milva was a bit uncertain about backing up at first cause usually rope on the ground means don´t move you are ground tied but I assured her it was ok.
Just before I was on my way home Anita showed up and asked me if I want to trailerload. She is simply the best ;)!
We trailerloaded a few times and Milva almost troted in - no problems at all.
I got a tripod today and can´t wait to use it this weekend :). Such a smart idea of you guys.
Janine hand another good point - if you are not done under 10 minutes with your audition tasks you are simply not ready for it. Smart thinking and so true!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun with the tri-pod and keep us posted(Of course you do!):)

    P.S. Don't worry about the time when you go play with your testing the first times. Then when you see it at home and you might see you went longer? Just say to yourself "ah ha, how interesting". Famous words from Linda Parelli!

    ReplyDelete