Thursday, September 15, 2011

"When You Feel Superior, Let Me Teach You To Be Respectful"


"When You Are Self Absorbed, Let Me Teach You To Think Of Greater Things"

Milva sure thought me a lesson today about not being a direct line thinker. See, I know you shouldn´t think direct line but I still fall back into my old habbits sometime. Also, she thought me not to use pressure on a left brain introvert - which of course I know so well.
Because we currently do not own a car with a trailer hitch Shawn borrowed a car. Instead of doing another testrun I got it in my head that it´s now we film the audition and we better get everything right.
Needless to say that things started to go wrong as soon as I got up in the morning.
Milva mirrored my mood instantly when I got there.
"If you think you can be like that, then you can play by yourself. I have no idea what language you speak today and I see no reason why I should do anything for you today and now I´m going to ignore you until you start to think and feel again."
Luckily it just took a few minutes for me to get it. I immediately called it a day and said to Shawn that we can film another day - maybe in the weekend when we can borrow Anita´s car.
As soon as I changed my mindset the old Milva was back, still a bit suspicious but starting to offer things again.
Sure learned a lot today.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, the predator brain....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, my boys do this as well. One thing I did was I brought out my video camera by myself everyday. Maybe with a tripod, or I lean it against something. But I noticed I got nervouse as soon as I turned that thing on! WHY??? I didn't have to show it to anyone anyway. Either way, I noticed I am started to forget the taper is on and there. Plus I can go home and watch it and I have seen lots of things I didn't even really realize I was doing! So in the long run it has helped me fix things also! This might not be your problem? But I was just letting you know what helped me out. Also remember. Don't worry if your test is NOT perfect. Parelli wants to see your relationship! So if something goes funny while taping keep going. Laugh it off, take car of Milva, and try again, or go back to that task later in the taping. I hope that makes sense what I am saying and just have fun with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes very much sense Janine! Thanks! We actually talked about buying a tripod today so ican film when I'm on my own as well. I think it's a brilliant idea! Btw I love your last YouTube post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! If you get a tripod don't worry about staying in the frame you picked either. When you are practicing by yourself. I come in and out of my frame all the time. It's only for me to practice! I think you will have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I know this lesson.
    I did the same as Janine - started to video myself as often as possible. Still, it does not help for the audition, because I the reason I become direct line in the audition-filming is because there's so little time for so many things to show ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I taped my audition a bunch to see what my avarage time was? And I never hurried on purpose. This way, if it kept coming out about 8 minutes or so? It made me feel confident I would have time, even if things goofed a little along the way. If it came out 15mins each time. Then I knew I needed to play a lot more before testing, because my savvy's were too week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I changed up my testing tasks each time as well when I taped. I would write my tasks on a card! Nobody cares if you check with a card. After a while you won't need the card either. Otherwise, my horse would get sick of the testing taping if I went out and did the same boring thing each time.

    ReplyDelete