Friday, June 29, 2012

RB?....And It´s Not About....


I screwed up big times.
Instead of putting our relationship first I totally got obsessed about our level 4 audition. Well, I should have filmed it a few weeks ago when things still were going fine because now it might take a while to get to that point again.
As Linda likes to say....it´s not about....
What got in my way was my sense for perfectionism. Another quote of Linda...horses hate perfectionism...
Milva looking outside in the circling game - see post underneath - yes, she rather would be somewhere else than playing with me.
Today she topped it when she started to whinney which she has never done before on the circling game. Well, good thing she has never done it before!  It was like an alarm clock going off - wake up and face the problem. If I still would have ignored that sign and continued to torture her with the circling game I would have destroyed even more.
Another problem I had to face today was her galopping in the circling game instead of cantering. She did give me a nice lap in the beginning and that´s where I should have brought her in and rewarded her and let her rest to give my little lbi more time...but I did not...which resultet in protesting even more.
Oh my... but it´s no use to beat myself up over it, lesson learned and time to move on...
After consulting with my Savvy sisters I have new arrows in my quiver and a new plan.

5 comments:

  1. Bra att du har Milva som påminner dig om det viktiga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Been there done that" det har nog de flesta av oss :) Huvudsaken att man kommer på vad man håller på med..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glöm inte att ha roligt! Ibland behöver man ta ett steg tillbaka och unna sig att strunta i alla måsten! Världen och du överlever att vänta på auditionfilmen tills ni bägge vill det.

    ReplyDelete
  4. vad kluga ni ær :).
    ju, det ær bara ta det lugnt lite gran, tror vårt førhållande ær tillræckligt stark før att øverleva detta hær med.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness that's why it took me 4 years to send my level 2 in. Ugh I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete