Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hi Ho Off To Canter We Go


...and happily looking outside, with some grass in her mouth - to make the circling game a little bit more fun you need to bring a snack - of course ;). I totally understand her, I would do the same thing...
Playing with lots of sideways - to loosen up her shoulders which will help her with the flying leadchanges.
As Pat says, the better they can go sideways and back up the better they can do everything else.
We also play with lots of backing up to bring her weight more back.
Lots of transitions like 8 canter strides and then 8 trotting steps and then 8 canter again. Lots of canter transition will helpen her to get more strength plus keep the circling game interesting and her more alert. The more I keep her occupied the smaller is the change that she starts to make up her own games ;).
I also make the circles smaller and then bigger again.
My goal is that she will lift her back, arch her neck and relax from her poll and that she will not fall on her inside shoulder and twist her head to the outside. So I wanna bring her nose onto the line of the circle.
Can´t be that hard, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment