Monday, June 4, 2012

Cheeky Munch

+10 C today, windy, rainy and cold - welcome to Sweden.
15min liberty session: close range circles, stick to me in walk, trot, canter. She is totally cracking me up when we play with stick to me. She tries very hard to mirror exactly my steps, which goes fine in walk and trot but when it comes to canter she is more or less hoping up and down to not get ahead of me and trying to mimick my steps.
Sideways towards and away from me and some spins.
I also got a very nice lay down. She starts to stay down longer and longer - in a laying down position and not sitting up.
She did leave me twice during our playsession. I didn´t prevent it either and just watched what she would do - going down to the other half of the riding house and standing there with her bum towards me, when I engaged her hindquarters she would come stompeding towards me. She did that twice and the third time she tried to leave me I put a tiny bit of pressure on her hindquarters which she thought was not fun at all and decided then to stay with me instead. To funny!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a fun! I'm in a funk with my horse and hopping to get back to the fun stuff again.

    ReplyDelete