Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hump Day - Parelli Play Day

                                       
                                       


In the early afternoon we took a 30min walk together with Helene and Dupont. Milva was in an awww the entire time and flirting with Dupont.
In the evening we had our weekly Parelli Play Day.
Milva offered a canter as soon as I asked her to circle. Big thing for a lbi. Only her idea was that it´s enough with one lap and then she would come in - ears forwards, when I asked her to continue she got very abset and would take off bucking and racing around. Well I get her point - there she offers the nicest, slowest, most collected and relaxed canter and when she tries to come in to get her cookie I send her away again - life is just not fair...lol... We compromised on one lap of canter and another one in trot and then I asked her in.
I also tried a flying lead change again but that didn´t work too well today. She was just too punky when cantering and wouldn´t use her brain enough. I only tried it twice though cause I could already see we wouldn´t get anywhere tonight. The first time she did do a flying leadchange for left to the right only she would take off bucking afterwards. I could see in her face that she knew what I expected of her but she just could not do it, all that energy needed to be released so off we went bucking around....
The second time she would break gait so then I decided to call it a day. I asked her another round of canter though before we quit so she doesn´t get the idea to always change direction now. I already can see that coming sooner or later ;).
She also laid down once behind my back when she was supposed to trot and waited innocently, sitting down, ears forwards looking all cute. Of course I couldn´t help it and gave her some cookies - no use telling me to not reward "bad" behaviour. When she gives me that cute look I simply can´t resist so now I can happily report to have tought her to break the circling game by simly laying down ;).
Tomorrow I´m gonna meet my Savvy sister Anna again who comes up all the way from far down south to meet us :) yeah!!

7 comments:

  1. Ohh soooooo much fun and totally cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so wish you would live close by Janine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Självklart ska Milva ha godis när hon ser söt ut! Hon brukar få av mig när hon ber om godis, ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jag vet det Anita ;), bortskämma våra pållar!! körde nästan förbi dig ikväll för vi var där du bor för att hämta rabarber :)) så godt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ja och kompot, gud vad gott!! du måste komma förbi nästa gång!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jag är inte alls sugen men ljuger väldigt bra! Vill haaa

    ReplyDelete