Friday, July 9, 2010

Way More Than Riding

I could go on and on about this topic forever. Parelli truly is way more than riding, it is way more than horsemanship. It´s a lifestyle and when you start with Parelli be prepared for a change in your life.
How you approach your horse is a reflection of how you approach the world.
Parelli isn´t nearly as much about training the horse as training the handler. It is a method of communication and the way how you communicate with your horse will mirror how you interact with other persons.
I think that´s why most Parelli people are such nice, open-minded and warm people.
Enough said about that now.
After sending Frida off to Birmingham I went back to the stable and tried Frida´s Fluidity saddle on Milva. What can I say - it fits like a glove. Now I can´t wait to order my Parelli Dressage saddle!
I had a kind of amusing talk with the lady who bought my Innova today. She asked me why I sold my saddle and when I told her because it was too narrow for my horse she wanted to know which breed I had. So I told her that Milva was a Trakehner which got her started about how hard they are too handle. She has a Holsteiner who has alots of Trakehner blood in it and he is very difficult to ride and to handle, and anyway all Trakehners are crazy. She also had one Gribaldi offspring in her stable and he was the worst. I couldn´t help and started to laugh. While I was talking to her Milva was walking around me at liberty, outside the pasture, grazing and occassionaly coming by to sniff me.
Hmmmm, ja, my crazy, hard to handle Trakehnermare ;).
I told the lady then that I probably have one of nicest and easiest to handle Trakehner on this planet but it all depends how you handle and treat them.
Trakehners are known for their intelligence. They are like Einsteins - it´s a thin line to insanity. But if you treat them with respect and always be fair to them they will go through fire for you.
I wish all horses would come with a Horsenality Report but particular Trakehner horses!
I also told the lady about Milva being a pure Parelli horse. She had never even heard about Parelli. I gave her a brief insight what it is all about and now I really want to call her back to ask her if she googled it.
And about Milva - I´m very well aware of that she would be a completly different horse with a different owner. But luckily she is with me. Two left brain introverts who love food and undemanding time ;). Ja, I guess you can say she is my mirror.
Todays session:
2 hours udt with Milva (cough, cough)
10 min online, she showed me what I asked for so I left it by 10min
20 min experimenting with Frida´s saddle
25 min online with Orkan - walk around the pastures
10 min grazing

3 comments:

  1. :-))))) Jag skrattade gott !!!! Tack!
    Kul att sadeln passar och visst är den bra att sitta i också ?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you said about Parelli is SO true, Marion! I definately echo that...
    My non-parellied friends don't always understand it, but time with my horses is wayyy more than riding or horse training, its my personal development time as well!

    Kerrin~
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on the same page Kerrin :). Parelli is a lifestyle, but it´s sometimes hard to explain to not horsepeople or well, maybe even harder to horspeople. A girl in my stable said that she got the impression that Parelli is almost like a sect...hm...how intressting. But I can see her point somehow. Anyway I tried to explain it to her and I gave her some Parelli material :)

    ReplyDelete