Saturday, July 3, 2010

Riding Orkan


2 hours udt with Milva
20 min online - playing with the compliment
20 min udt with Orkan
10 min online with Orkan - getting him used to the Natural Hackamore
30 min freestyle with Orkan - walked, follow the rail, figure 8´s, and outside on the field
Another hot summerday in Sweden. I planned to go to the beach today but never made it there.
I grazed Milva for 2 hours. I know that sounds long but time flies by so quickly when I´m with her. Our online session went good as well. She is such a quick learner. I finally read up on how to teach the compliment the right way and when I started with the first step today she went down herself and of course caught me by surprise again. She really is a super smart girl!!
Anita was so kind and let me ride Orkan today - and tomorrow as well. He is a fun boy. Left brain extrovert I would say. First he wasn´t sure about me and I had to proof him that I was the leader he deserved. He tried to argue a bit and was crumpy but I didn´t give him anything to argue about which I think surprised him. After a little bit of thinking he started to cooperate. Sounds like a lbi when I write that now, but I´m pretty certain he is a lbe. He is a super fun horse and Anita did a good work with him. She often rides him with a mechanical hackamore so he is used to go without a bit but it was the first time with the nh so I took it easy with him. My goal was to let him stretch forwards downwards which he did after a while.
I´m looking forward to tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice words about my little baby. He likes when thinks happening and he likes to trie new things. Hope you wants to keep on training you and him more.
    I think i can ride some more on "grimma" if you want it.
    Hope I can drive home earlie from the birthday party today

    ReplyDelete