Monday, July 26, 2010

Lots And Lots Of Undemanding Time

With this stupid tube sticking out of my back I really can´t do much in the stable. My movements are very much restricted. I can´t even through hay over the fence - that´s how bad it is.
Luckily Milva is so well behaved - thanks to the Parelli Program. Otherwise I couldn´t even take her out of the pasture.
Haltering with savvy comes in very handy right now. I don´t even have to tell Milva to lower her head cause she knows what to do. She is giving me a nice stretch towards me, head a little bit down - just perfect for haltering. While doing all this she doesn´t move a bit, waiting for me to open the gate then I send her out, disengage her hindquarters, she turns around and looks at me and then off we go.
I should also mention that I can´t walk very fast right now, it´s more in a snailspeed but Milva walks there right with me. I don´t even have to hold her rope. She just chooses to walk in my speed.
Right now I prefer not to lead her in case she would spook at something. It´s very unlikely that it would happen but with my luck lately I better stay on the save side.
When we are in the big field - where I usually let her graze, I sit down in my chair and she grazes around me. When she gets too far away I call her and usually she comes back to me.
I´m so lucky to have a horse like Milva!!!!
I still haven´t gotten an appointment for my kidneystoneremovemnt yet. It´s pretty annoying to walk around with a Nefrostomi I have to say!

5 comments:

  1. It´s in these situations that you see how good your relationship really are... :-)
    And it sounds like you have a relly good one with Milva...

    Tänker på dig.
    Puss å kram

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really good one! Take care, hope you recover soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to hear about your relationship with Milva.

    I hope your recovery is a speedy one as I can't wait to read more about the two of you.

    Sharon
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Sharon :) we will be back playing in a couple of weeks, promised my doctor to take it easy until i have my operation. which is not the easiest thing to do when you have such an awesome pony in your stable ;)

    ReplyDelete