Tuesday, February 16, 2010

More Riding Preperation

We had a nice, mild winterday here in the south of Sweden today. I let Milva eat with the saddle on again. Poor pumpkin was really hungry.
We played for 45 min in the ridinghouse. Mirroring, she is really paying attention to my steps and lengthening and shortening them as I do. I didn't try the spanish walk though. I want to do some more research on it before trying it again. It's funny to watch her watching my steps. She is also picking up the speed. When I walk very sloooow and put my foot down sloooow she is doing the same.
We also worked on longreining with one rein walking in z5, stop and walk transitions and backing up from z5 with one rein, which is working again.
Squeeze game over a cavaletti in walk and trott, turn around and face me. Sidewards game over cavaletti and stepping over with one front leg and backing up.
I'm pretty satisfied with todays session. Especially with the backing up from z5 which is a level 4 task.
Milva is such a fast learner and so incredible smart. If I wouldn't be so slow we would be much farther by now. I have to work on my imagination and on the being progressiv part.

No comments:

Post a Comment