Sunday, February 28, 2010

I´m Back!


After a week of spending undemanding time with Milva I started to play with her again yesterday.
Last week the weather was just miserable here! Snowstorms and freezing cold. Shawn had the stomache flue for a few days. Even though I didn´t catch it I could feel my body fighting against getting it which made me even more tired.
Milva enjoyed our time together though. She happily tried to share her hay with me while I was sitting next to her watching her eat.
Yesterday morning I watched the first part of the mastery lesson online. As a goldmember we receive a mastery lesson every month this year. Last year it was the mastery manuals. The lessons are very informative and it´s super fun to see Pat´s private barn and watch the mastery students. In the first part Sam was playing with Brooke (after Casper out of River). The lesson was about maintaining gate, direction and look where you are going. By the end of the lesson Brooke got more engaged to Sam and had a nice bend towards him - instead of looking outside.
I tried that with Milva as well and realized how much work we have left to do. As a lbi she finds the circling game rather boring and doesn´t put much effort in it. Smelling poo or a leave is much more intressting than paying attention to me.
I did alots of change of direction and transitions. At the end she could do 2 circels in trott with a nice bend towards me. I left it like that - you certainly don´t want to overdo it with a lbi.

No comments:

Post a Comment