Monday, February 15, 2010

Building Up The Relationship

After the ferrier incident I have the urgent need to build up our relationship again.
But I think it's more my feeling than Milva's. Probably it's my bad conscious to let such a thing happen to her.
Anyway, saturday evening I went back to the stable. Shawn suggested I should end the day on a good note and do something short and nice with her. When I came to the stable it was already dark but all the snow made it still light enough to go for a walk with her. First I took her to the big hayball so she could eat a little bit and then we went for a 15min walk.
When I came to the stable yesterday she left the bathtube full of hay and came to me instead. So I assume our relationship is not that much demaged after all. I took her out to let her eat outside instead and gave her a big scratch. I also started to give her some oats and minerals and herbs again. Helene said it was ok to give her just a little bit and I want to make sure she is getting enough vitamine b for her hooves.
I took her for a little walk again and put her on the big rock and yoyo her into the ridinghouse. I rewarded her alots and gave her carrots. I know that she loves doing those 2 things and I wanted to make her feel good and smart.
I'm leaving to the stable after lunch today. Not sure yet what to do with her. It depends on how many people are going to be there if I can use the ridinghouse and start riding her or not...

3 comments: