Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ferrier Time

Helene our vet came today to trim Milva's hooves.
I failed on proper and prior prepertion which prevents poor performance. Helene insisted on trimming the hooves in the stable on hard surface. Which makes perfectly sense if you wanna have a perfect trim. And of course that's what I was looking for - a perfect trim.
Just I failed on preparing Milva properly. We are never in the stable cause I always brush and saddle her outside the turnout stable. I just have to drop the rope outside the stable and there she stands. Well, things are different inside the stable. Unfamiliar environment makes her sometimes right brain.
Make a long story short - she did not want to stand still and was just right walking over me. Well, she was clearly expressing her opinion which was to get out of there.
We decided to give her sedation so Helene could trim her.
Guess we are spending some time in the stable now over the next few weeks...
On the good note - the trim is perfect! Exactly what I wanted and a big difference to the last ones!
Now I'm going to watch the Olympic Openings in Vancouver on TV and after that I will go out to the stable again and start playing with my punkpony.

No comments:

Post a Comment