Sunday, February 28, 2010

Long Reining

I forgot to mention a thing about yesterday. When Milva was loose in the ridinghouse she came trotting towards me a few times :) while she was at the other end of the ridinghouse. Cute little babyboo!
Today we played for 45 minutes. 30min longreining, first from z3 and then from z5. It seems to be easier for her to do it on the right hand. It´s no problem for her to stop when going on the right hand or to back up from z5. On the left hand she seems to be a bit more confused or not comfortable enough. When I walked in z5 and stopped her she turned around. To make her feel more comfortable I walked in z4 and did transitions from there which was going fine.
She really is the cutest. Always when I stop her she is turning her head around and asking a question.
After longreining we did some circling game. The same there - she rather goes on the right hand and tries to change direction by herself. I wonder if she has pain on the left hand - it doesn´t look so, or maybe she is just more stiff on that side.
Oh, I remember Anna mentioning something about on which side the manes lays is the stronger or weaker side. I have to look that up!
Instead of doing circled to the left she turned around and offered trott. To even it out I asked her to trott the other direction as well and it was going ok.
When I left the stable she was calling after me - like a mare calling her foal. It sounded so soft.
I wish I would have more time to spend in the stable or having my own stable so I could go out there whenever I wanted to.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry, I have to write German, I can't explain this in English:

    Das mit der Mähne:

    Manche Trainer behaupten da wo die Mähne liegt ist die bessere Seite des Pferdes - oft auch als "hohle" Seite bezeichnet.

    Die Mähne liegt auf dieser Seite, weil das Nackenband zu der Seite kippt, da diese Seite "hohl" ist von der Muskulatur her.

    Dass Pferde eine gute und schlechte Hand haben (wie Links/Rechtshänder) ist nicht fix nachgewiesen, kommt aber vermutlich von der Lage des Fötus im Mutterleib.

    Das heißt wenn das Pferd rechts hohl ist, biegt es sich leichter nach rechts, da diese Seite "verkürzt" ist.

    Die Mähnen-Theorie zweifle ich zwar etwas an, aber Pferde sind definitiv Links/Rechtshänder.
    Das kann bei manchen Pferde so weit gehen dass sie auf einer Seite sogar kürzer treten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vielleicht sollte ich besser schreiben dass es nicht fix nachgewiesen ist wie die Schiefe entsteht, aber die Fötus-Theorie vermuten die meisten.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh danke du bist echt die beste!!! deswegen geht sie also lieber nach rechts weil das ihre hohle seite ist nehm ich mal an?
    ich glaub da ist schon was wahres dran!
    gut das man ne tierärztin als freundin hat!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wie gesagt, ich zweifle die Mähnetheorie an, da Sunny links hohl ist und rechts die Mähne hat...
    Aber kenne einige Pferde bei denen das stimmt.

    Wenns plötzlich auftritt würd ichs eher im Auge behalten ;) Vielleicht zwickts ja auch irgendwo.
    Wenns immer so ist dann ists wahrscheinlicher dass es einfach ihre bessere Seite ist.

    Ligrü

    ReplyDelete