Sunday, November 8, 2009

Riding My Pony

I DID IT!!! Rode on Milva today :))))
Shawn came and took some pictures and Mikke was watching as well. I didn´t ride longer than 5 minutes. It was more a testride to look how she feels and not really doing any work with her. I did a bit of change of direction and stopping.
Of course she wasn´t very steady yet and it feels like sitting on a drunk horse.
But of course it takes time for her to find her balance. I also used my saddle today which also was new for her.
Milva loves her daddy very much so she tried several times to to go him and look if he has carrots or if he could scratch her bum - punk. But in the end she would listen to me.
What I didn´t like was that she was walking very fast - must be the result of Anna pushing her. She already started doing it when I walked in zone 3 and steared her from the ground.
I understand Anna´s point of view - that horses have to go forwards to get them collected. But I´m not even thinking about collection and in my opinion it´s better to let her go on her own speed until she has found her balance and is steady.
Her walk felt very rushed and I didn´t like it at all!!
So I think it´s better now to take over again and ride her by myself. I still have at least 9 sessions left with Anna cause I´v paid her in advance. Maybe I can use them later on.
My plan is to take it very easy with her and gently continue our work maybe riding her twice a week for max.10 minutes and slowly raise the amount over time.
When I first came in to the ridinghouse it was very crowded. A girl tried Miami and is maybe going to buy him and Helene was lunging Dupont. Milva had to watch the boys and couldn´t concentrate on me at all in the beginning. After they left she started to got a bit more intressted in me and I could do some more serious work.
Well, I´m very satisfied today. Can´t wait for the next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment