Sunday, November 15, 2009

Green Ball

After spending a few days of undemanding time with Milva we got back to business today.
I introduced to the big green ball. Being Milva she wasn´t scared at all - or well, I should say she didn´t show it, she never does. Little warrior pony.
I pushed the ball away from me - like Parelli is recommending and Milva followed after. After a while I started running with the ball and she still followed after.
We had alots of fun for a few minutes - me running with the ball and Milva trotting and cantering around us (us - me + ball). She even had her tail up in the air and showed some stunning trott. Can´t deny her bloodlines there :)!
Even the canter was awesome. Very uphill and balanced.
Anyway as long as I was running with the ball she thought it was alots of fun but when I left her she wasn´t intressted in it at all. Maybe it takes some time for her to figure out that she is the one who is supposed to play and run around with it and not me.
I should maybe start doing some workout as well again. I´m so out of shape it´s not even funny any more!
Tomorrow I´m on a course again - work related. Stable in the evening. I´m probably not able to do much with her when everyone else is there.
I´m looking forward to ride her with the hackamore the next time :).

2 comments:

  1. Yay you're back!!
    It's good that Milva likes her ball. Star loves it, she recently understood she needs to push it and every time she sees the ball, she goes straight to it and brings it to me to get a treat. Cheeky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marion, would you post the link to Parelli's recommendations about introducing your horse to the green ball. We bought one this week and our horse is not showing much interest in it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete