Sunday, November 29, 2009

Gold Summit Birmingham



The Gold Summit was just AWESOME! LOVED IT!
It was so good to met like minded people who are positive and progressive. It was very inspiring and exactly what I needed! The whole experience was overwhelming and I still have to diagest all the imprssions I got.
Wednesday morning we met Sofie at Scandlines - the ferry station in Helsingborg. Shawn drove us to Kastrup - the airport in Copenhagen from where we took the plane to Birmingham. It was very nice to have Sofie with me for company.
From the airport in Birmingham we took a train to Warwick. We had to change the train twice. First in Coventry and then in Lamington Spa. From Warwick we took a cap to Stoneleigh Park. It felt like going back again so we asked the capdriver if it would have been shorter to take a cap from Coventry and yes, it would have been.
We stayed at Stoneleigh Lodge - a hotel just 3min walking distance away from the Uk Parelli office. We got there around lunchtime and our hotelroom wasn´t ready yet so we went for coffe to the Farm Shop. A very cosy little place just around the corner. It was so english and I just loved it. It reminded me very much of Canada!
Sitting there and having a burger and cake we watche alots of Parelli instructers walking in and out. Neil Pye and his wife Sue were sitting behind us and enjoying there coffe.
After checking in in our hotelroom we walked over to the office and lovely Jenny gave us a tour of the office. Up in the study room we met Carol Coopinger a 5 star instructor.
Later in the afternoon we met Sofie´s friends from Sweden - Annika and Stefan. They have 7 horses somewhere up in Hässelholm. Also very nice people! We followed with them to their B&B and had some drinks there. Or well, the otherones had beer. I´m not drinking alcohol so I ordered something else - which earned me a strange look of the lady behind the bar.
In the evening we had supper back in the lodge - surrounded by Parelli instructers like Sam Capricorn, Carmen Zulauf, Carol Coopinger, Silke and many more.
I guess I don´t have to mention how much I enjoyed the positive vibes around me.
After supper we finally met Dinka from Holland. She is a real left brain extrovert and alots of fun.
More about the summit tomorrow...off to bed now.

2 comments: