Thursday, November 19, 2009

Milva´s First Ride With The Natural Hackamore

Yesterday I rode Milva the first time with the natural hackamore - and it worked out perfectly fine :)).
I warmed her up for 30min while I waited for Shawn to arrive. I walked in z3, stopped her with the sss-sound and made her walk with the tongueclick.
I have to admit I was a bit nervous riding her without a bit - or actually, it doesn´t matter if she has a bit in her or not I´m still very tensed when I sit on her. Definitely have to change that!!!
I had a bit of difficulties to stir her but on the other hand I didn´t do any precision riding. My goal was to get her used to have me on her back and to ride without the bit. Mission accomplised so I should be satisfied.
From now on I just ride her myself. Anna hasn´t helped me for a while now anyway and I think our methods are just too far apart at this point.
I´m still greatful she helped me to put the first real rides on Milva - I think 3 or 4 times and that is defintely enough.
Today I wanted to play with her but we have an awful storm here today and it is rainy very hard so I just cleaned out the stable and picked up Shawn afterwards.
Oh - I did had to repair the fencing - not fun in that weather!
Hopefully it´s going to be better weather tomorrow. 2 more days at work and 9 days holidays after that :)))

2 comments:

  1. Milva is beautiful. She is still young I take it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelly :)
    Milva is born 2005. Trakehners are late in their developing - like Icelandic ponys. I start Milva slowly this year.

    ReplyDelete