Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 11 With Anna

Anne helped me with Milva again yesterday. First she did a little pre-flight check to look if Milva remembered everything from the last time and after that she got on her.
Anna used her legs on her for the first time to make her go forwards and Milva understood quickly what she ment.
Yesterday was also the first time she trotted her under the saddle. In the beginning Milva didn´t understand what Anna asked her to do and got a bit angry. Tossing her head, switching her tail and I could see the bum getting lower for a buck.
Anna tried to make her go faster by clicking with the tongue and Milva went in to a fast walk but when Anna kept clicking with the tongue Milva I could see Milva getting more and more irritated. Of course she thought she was doing the right thing by walking faster but Anna kept pushing her.
I offered Anna my help from the ground cause I got a bit worried she would blow up Milva anytime. Luckily Anna went off her and started running next to Milva clicking with the tongue to show her that it ment trott.
I tried to explain that to Anna in one of the last sessions that it´s confusing to Milva to click so much with the tongue.
Anyway, Milva got the point and when Anna got on her again she trotted with her.
Not very enthusiastic - she always thinks any gait above walk is unnecesseray but at least she trotted.
We have booked another session tomorrow morning and I think after that I will take over again.
Now I have seen that she doesn´t buck so it shouldn´t be any problem anymore!
Iiiieeeehhh can´t wait to ride my pony by myself!

1 comment:

  1. Marion, this is great! That's crazy to think that soon you'll be riding her yourself. Your baby's growing up! :)
    I can't wait to see how you 2 do together, you'll have a wonderful relationship! xx

    ReplyDelete