Friday, November 9, 2012

I Me Mine written by George Harrison

 
After watching the George Harrison documentary - Living in a material world, I of course had to buy the book. I've read this book now countless times since I bought it a few months ago. It isn't a typical autobiography. Anyone who wants the intimate details of George's personal relations, some scuttlebutt on Paul McCartney, or other types of ankle deep nit picking won't find it here. Instead, "I, Me, Mine" is like a fireside chat with a classy, fascinating, witty, and dignified friend. We read about George's history and interests, brief mentions of his enormous cast of friends, and details on each song.

Derek Taylor's editorials are delightful. It's easy to love Derek right alongside George. I wish the pair had lived much, much longer, to enjoy more wry humor and garden strolls, and also (selfishly) an updated copy of the book.


For not being a  direct Beatles fan I´ve read and watched quite alot about them lately and George has become my favourite Beatle besides Ringo. Ringo seems to be very down to earth as well and dramafree.


God bless George. He is one of a kind.

2 comments:

  1. He´s my favourite too. I have to order that book after reding this blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. första hälften är som en biografi, resten är om hans låter, hur dem opkom och små historier. boken är lite annorlunda men definitivt en av mina favoriter! har köpt john lennons biografie med, men eftersom jag inte tycker om honom särskillt mycket tar det en evighet att läsa den. folk tror hela tiden att han var en sådan go´människa, men det var han altså inte...

    ReplyDelete