Sunday, November 11, 2012

Foggy Sunday

I woke up to the sound of the foghorn this morning.
Milva´s right hind leg is a bit swollen and warm. I noticed a slight change yesterday but today you can clearly see the swollen part. I took her for a little walk this morning to see if she would limp which she doesn´t. I will wait a few days and just let her rest and if it´s not getting any better I will call the vet.
I suppose that she stumlbed or flipped  in the pasture when they were racing around cause her one side was all muddy as well and Milva is not that kind of horse that rolls in the mud. Usually she is a very clean bean.
I have been mucking out extra  every morning now. We do have a rolling schedule but the stable is so wet and dirty right that it needs extra mucking, also not everyone mucks as thoroughly as I do which is a big annoyance to me. I picked up some wood shavings from Shawn´s shop to put underneath the straw to keep the bed a bit tryer. I´m just really worried about their hooves right now with all that mud and rain and water!

2 comments:

  1. Stackars Milva, hoppas hon inte har ont i benet. Bara hon inte har slått i något spik eller annat som står ut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm...hon hade faktiskt ett lite sår där igår men det var redan börjat leka...

    ReplyDelete