Thursday, April 12, 2012

Stick To Me In Canter - Yeah!!

Yesterday I played online with Mivla, lots of transitions, some laying down and two laps of canter left lead and half a lap right lead.
Today I played at liberty in the morning - figure 8s, sideways away over the black pole, pedestal, circles with transitions and canter.
Then I rode Orkan freestyle. Yes, he can jog :)) and it´s super smooth to sit. We got to practise lots of canter transitions cause everytime I got out of balance he went back in trot. It took me a while to sit on my balance point and staying in balance but when I did oh boy what a feeling! It felt like we were floating. I could feel his back coming up and he cantered very slowly and was super smooth to sit. Totally love him!
I think I´m doing pretty well for not doing any riding for the last four years.
In the afternoon I went back to the stable to muck out and do my stable chores. Because I had some time over - I waited for Shawn to pick me up, I took Milva to the ridinghouse and did some more liberty.
Stick to me in walk, trot and canter!! It was our first stick to me in canter and it was going super well! We finished our session with close range circles and laying down.
Very protuctive day I have to say myself :).

2 comments: