Thursday, April 26, 2012

First Flying Leadchange Online!!! Yeah!!!!!

When I came to the barn this morning all the horses were grazing way down in the pasture. Milva was too funny again, when I called her, her head flew up and she came in full speed galopping all the way and talking. Like she hasn´t seen me for weeks and not less than 12 hours.
She really makes me laugh alot!
After eating her oats I took her to the riding house and as always first thing I took her halter off so she can go and sniff around and roll or whatever she feels like it. Today she invited me to Stick to me. She wouldn´t leave my side and started to slowly trot next to me. Stick to me it was then. Playing with lots of transitions like stop - trot - stop and immediately back up and trot canter transitions.
We only played like 5min online. First lap I asked her for lots of transitions then we played with change of direction in trot.
Here it comes - I asked her for canter to the right, because that´s her harder side so naturally the change of direction is easier when I start of there. Asked her to canter took a step back she changed direction - kept the gait!!! took one more canter stride figured out that felt wrong and was too hard and made a flying lead change - leaving me flabbergasted with open mouth. I let her take some more strides asked her to slow down and come in, gave her lots and lots of cookies and stretches and quit the session right there!
I guess I´m fortuned too to have a horse that naturally picks the right lead all the time and considering her background all the dressagemovements should come naturally to her anyway.
Still I´m pretty proud of ourselves and can´t stop grining ever since ;).
So remember:
Whatever you think  you can do or cannot do you are right!

1 comment: