Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dreaming Big & Happy Easter & Western Competition

Happy Easter to everyone out there!
Me - I´m in the middle of my 5 days working. It´s alright though. It feels meaningful to be here this Easter weekend. It seems to be that there is a special kind of spirit hanging around for the last few days. While I talked to my patients today I suddenly realized how "xxxx" it must feel for them knowing it´s their last Easter Holiday together with their loved ones - or at least in that kind of form, body. Their sould will still be with them after they are gone.

Talking about something else.
I dragged the boys - speak Shawn and Johan, to Bråvesta early in the morning to watch the Western competition there.
Main reason I wanted to go there is to see how those kind of people warm up their horses. To see if they walk the talk or if is only talking. Everyone is telling me that western people are different compare to english riders. There is supposed to be more camaraderie between them and not so much jelousy.
So on a quest I went...
I´m not sure how much you can tell from one competition. What I did notice was a lot of smiling people, a friendly hello from everywhere, people that showed real interest in what you do and who you are.
I asked the boys what their impression was and both felt the same - a warm welcome.
Everyone seemed to be fair and nice to their horses except for one "black sheep" but I guess those show up everywhere. More about her later.
When we got there the beginners class for trail just started. Five riders and four got a ribbon - the black sheep didn´t get one.
The trail looked pretty simple and I think I could have kicked some asses with Orkan and with Milva too - if we assume I would ride her ;). The challenging thing was to go over a little bridge - same bridge you can see in the pictures I took from the training.
The black sheep´s horse, a grey arab, looking very much alike Milva only thinner and in a more polished form wouldn´t even go near the bridge. I totally fell in love with the horse.
I simply do not understand why people would bother to go to a competition when they are not well prepared.
I already have a list in my head for proper and prior preperation before going there ;) - and it´s a long list. No surprises here I can tell ya.
Shawn´s theory is that they go there for hanging out with like minded people. It´s probably true. I just wouldn´t dream about going to a competition if I wouldn´t have a realistic change to win ;).

Next after trail competition was some western beginners class. I still have to learn a lot about all their different classes. Anyway both classes were open classes, speak all kind of breeds were allowed to start.
It was almost like the Parelli freestyle level 2 audition. Actually you had to show more in the audition than in this particular class. See, I could have had a realistic change in that class as well - with Orkan ;).
You can see, I´m daydreaming already....
Wald Disney said, "If you can dream it, you can live it!"






1 comment: