Monday, April 16, 2012

Hopp Hopp Pferdchen Lauf Galopp

Longreining as a warm up using my featherlines. Lots of transitions a bit of sideways from z5 and weavepatterns in trot. Now if I only would be in a better shape so I could run longer ;).
Circling game with cantering on both leads. It´s looking really good to the left now, she is cantering soft, relaxed and she is pretty balanced. She even offered canter a few times by herself. To the right it´s still more galopping than cantering. She clearly doesn´t have the balance there yet but in the end we did get a few nice canter strides.
While we played with the circling game another rider came in and used the other half of the ridinghouse. Milva clearly didn´t like that gelding and when she saw him coming towards her she would speed up, pinning her ears back and trying to pick a fight with him, having this determined dragonface on her. I think it scared his rider a bit and of course such a behaviour is not tolerated. The next few times she tried to harras him I asked for a change of direction which almost ended it in a leadchange - unfortunately I got us tangled up in the 45´line so it didn´t happen. I´m just glad she always stop when I get her all tangled up even if she is all spunky she stops and waits patiently for me to untangle her.
Oh and because she was in a "I don´t want to, I´m not listening" mood today she also laid down behind my back a few times, waiting in a sitting position for her treat...lol....
Well, all in all it was a bit of a chaotic session today but neverless fun.

1 comment: