Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Monday Play

10min walk, 10min liberty
While letting Milva eating hay outside and talking to Ulrike on the phone, Drake came bolting through the fence. He was totally scattered and flew by us and Milva followed him for a few meters before starting eating grass. I guess she figured running that fast is way too much work. Luckily Drake stopped too. Catching Milva is never a problem, actually I never have to catch her cause she is always coming up anyway even when she is loose outside so I didn´t worry too much about her. But Drake is still very shy and worried around people but when he laid eyes on my he actually came towards me, wich surprised me. Instead of grabbing his halter I talked to him first, scratched him a bit and offered him a carrot. Of course Milva came up too, how dare I talk to another horse ;). I called the stable owner to let her know one of her horses is outside and walked Drake up to his pasture with no problems, leaving Milva behind on the grass to get her later.
Good pony!

No comments:

Post a Comment