Monday, April 4, 2011

Courses :))

Yesterday a big smiling, anxious stableowner came up to me to tell she has found the "perfect" thing for me. She read about Equine-touch and thought I would be the perfect person for doing it. Hmmm.... Equine-touch sounded very much like the Ttouch from Linda Tellington Jones to me, which I like. I have Linda´s books at home (no surprise there, ey) and used it alot on Tjelvar and on a few horses while I lived in Canada.
Anyway, while at worked I googled some more about it and sent an email to the people who organise the courses in Sweden and signed up for it.
Not enough with that, I also wrote an email to another instition who offers courses in Kraniosakral therapi for horses and will sign up for a course there as soon as I have timed it with work.
I´m very much interested in Kraniosakral since I have read about it in Elisbeth´s and Caroline´s blog.
I also signed up for more distance courses at the univesity - clinical nutrition and clinical psychology and a few more. It will give me a nice boost in my nursing career.
The Equine-touch and Kraniosakral course is just for fun. I have no intention to take customers - except friends horses, quit my job or make a career out of it. I love my job way too much to quit it.
But it´s still going to be useful to broaden my horizon and start looking outside the box and approach things in a different way.
And the most important element is that my little Milvapony will profit a big time of my new skills :).

3 comments:

  1. Ja verkligen, Milva har haft tur på alla vis som fått dig till matte :) Det ska bli mycket spännande att höra mer när du börjat dina kurser. Du är så härligt entusiastisk så jag också blir inspirerad!
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Equine touch kursen börjar den 16 juni i Skurup för 3 dagar x 4 som jag har förstått det. Dem har den i Södertälje också i augusti. Jag tycker om att jag inte behöver åka så långt och kan sova hemma och tar hand om Milva samtidigt. Jag har redan nu mardrömmar för jag ska till Birmingham och Milva stannar här.
    Jag har faktiskt aldrig tänkt för att ta sådana kurser för jag fick för mig att jag måste jobba med det sedan. Men nu har jag ändligen fattat att jag kan bara göra dem för min egen skull och att jag inte alls behöver jobba med det. Bara för det är sköj och för informationens skull. Känns bra :)

    ReplyDelete