Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday Play



3 hours in the stable.
1 hour online
2 hours udt
We did squeeze game over a cavaletti in walk and trott and travelling circles in trott over it. She was super good, put some effort in it and asked questions.
We also worked on our circling game, speak on our send and maintaing direction and gait. Our send was broken and I had to fix that first. Milva has alots of own ideas and is constantly making assumptions. So instead of waiting for me to send her in a direction she is just walking off by herself, not even waiting for the yoyo.
What I did was being particular with the yoyo and not just letting her walk off by herself. When she backed up with just using phase 1 I stopped her and gave her a carrot. And see there, the whole yoyo game became a whole new meaning again. So instead of walking of and making assumptions she started to listen and asking questions. Gotta love those left brain introverts.
The circling game itself was going fine as long I just asked her for walk and trott. Right now we are up to 4 circles in trott with a slack in the rope and with her keeping up her responsibilities.
But crazy me - what was I thinking, asked her to canter and a whole new Milva showed up. Farting and bucking away....lol... It looked really funny and I wish I would have filmed it. Her bucks are not going to be easy to sit though.
When she had enough from the bucking she was coming in full speed gallopp towards me and stopped just in front of me - licking and chewing alot.
I sent her back out in the circle again, first in walk and asked her softly for a trott and when she looked ok I asked her softly for a canter again and yes, the whole circus started from the beginning again.
How intressting...
When I got home from the stable I watched the problemsolving dvd form Liberty & Horse Behaviour again. Maybe I should have watched it before asking her to canter ;).
Anyway with new arrows in my quiver I know now how to direct her energy.
First I was concerned that she was going right brain and being unsecure about cantering. But tossing her head like that and watching those bucks it was deffinitely dominant behaviour. That little punk...lol
Well, new try tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment