Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Summer Summer

It´s beautiful out today. Finally summer has arrived in Sweden! The horses are doing fine in the pasture. Not giving them any extra hay was such a good idea. Milva is finally loosing her babybelly.
So today we did 1 hour of undemanding time. I had her loose outside and was reading a book while she grazed around me. Everytime I thought she got to far away I called her and she came back - sniffing me and wondering what I want, then she blows out air and off she goes again to graze some more, same reaction every time. How wonderful isn´t that??
I wonder how many people can have their horses loose like that and call them back any time? Especially Trakehners... I read alot in the german Trakehner Forum lately and it seems to be that a lot of people have problems with their Trakehners....hm..... I wish it would be possible to transfer Parelli into their brain. It would solve so many problems...
Oh well, when the student is ready the master will appear.
We also did a very short session in the ridinghouse. Circling game in both direction - walk in snailspeed. But she did give me 3 laps in each direction and waited for me to call her in so I was satisfied with that.
Well and then we played a bit with the spanish walk and kneeling down. It was alot of chewing and yawning for her - nice!

2 comments:

  1. Schööön :-) Wie heisst es doch so schön, Trakehner, von Zehnen geht eener...
    Man kann nur hoffen, dass Parelli sich durchsetzen wird mit der Zeit, wie du schon sagst, wie cool sind solche Sachen..
    Hatte heute morgen klein Nelly auf Nachbars Acker, war ganz stolz auf sich, da gab es ordentlich zu essen ;-) ich bin hin und hab nur gesagt, Kom Nelly, wir gehen wieder nach Hause, das hier ist ein bisschen fett fuer dich, und dann kam sie angelaufen und wir sind nach Hause gegangen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ach wie suess!!! ich muss deinen blog dann lesen wenn es ein bisschen ruhiger hier ist auf der arbeit :)
    dein trakehner zitat bringt mich immer zum schmunzeln... aber da steckt leider auch ein bisschen wahrheit dahinter glaube ich...

    ReplyDelete