Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Stick To Me - Awesomeness


Milva and I played and grazed for 2 hours today. A little while ago I started to let her go free outside the pasture when we do our grazing time. She always comes back to me when I call her or when I engage her hindquarters. Which is pretty cool I have to say myself. So while she is off doing her thing I often read, work on my suntan and if no one is looking I do some yoga.
Today there were people riding in the paddock though so I couldn´t do any yoga and it was too hot to read. Milva grazed in the big field and out of boredom I started to walk around. Obviously Milva must have thought I got too far away cause she started to talk again and came trotting after me :). Luckily the 22-foot line stayed on her back. I always put it on her back while she is grazing, if it falls down and she steps on it she figures herself out which hoof to lift to move forwards. She is never freaking out about having the line between her legs or if she gets all tangled up. Anyway isn´t that just the coolest thing that she came trotting after me??? When I kept on walking she still followed me - ignoring the lucious grass around her!!!
After walking around for a while and having her following me like a dog I sat down again and she started to graze around me, getting farther and farther away. Instead of calling her back to me again I started to walk in the opposite direction to see if she would come running again - and yes, she did :))).
I have to say that was the best undemanding time we had so far :).

8 comments:

  1. Wow fantastiskt! all undemanding time som du har haft har verkligen gett resultat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helt fantastiskt härligt när du skriver om eran relation! Den är verkligen värd guld!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tack ni två :), jag tror inte milva vet att hon ær en hæst hon tror nog snarare att hon ær en hund ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vilken härlig känsla det måste vara när hon kommer efter dig :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hej ja det låter jätte härligt :-) Hoppas allt är bra med er i sommar värmen.
    kram

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosa och Sofie, ju, hon är helt underbar. hon är sannerligen min soulhorse :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special bit of undemanding time you had together.. and if anyone asked, you could just tell them that you're playing the Friendly game through yoga!

    Kerrin Koetsier
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant idea Kerrin :)))
    I will use that the next time ;)
    and obviously it´s working - friendly game trhough yoga....lol

    ReplyDelete